March 30, 2021
The Tree and Woodland Company offer advisory and project management arboricultural services throughout the UK. We are recognised for our sensitivity and enthusiasm for trees and woodland and have worked in some of the country’s most famous landscapes.
We specialise in managing trees in historic landscapes including veteran and ancient specimens, on golf courses, across a range of development projects, as well as carrying out hazard tree management and planting projects over several private and public estates.
This new consultant position will play a vital role in delivering this wide range of arboricultural work.
Working closely with a small team of friendly and skilled experts, you will report to the Arboricultural Director to agree work targets and project delivery. The main responsibilities are:
· Carrying out arboricultural assessments of historic landscape and veteran trees, hazardous trees,and trees in relation to development projects, as well as overseeing planting schemes.
· Preparing high standard technical reports and associated schedules/plans as part of these assessments.
The role will primarily focus on development-related projects, involving BS5837 tree surveys, Impact Assessments, Method Statements and undertaking supervisory works.
There is scope to develop your veteran tree management skills as part of our historic landscape work.
You need a proficient level of arboricultural knowledge and the drive to ensure the highest standards of quality. We’re also looking for someone who’s proactive, self-motivated and adaptable. Excellent communication and organisational skills are a must when you’re working in a team and you’ll need to be comfortable prioritising your workload to meet demanding deadlines.
Essential Skills /Attributes
· Qualifications should include a minimum QCF Level 3 in Arboricultureor Forestry (AA Tech Cert., Diploma).
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a consultancy role.
· Proficient in conducting BS5837:2012 assessments and reportwriting.
· Competent in using Microsoft Office and knowledge of GIS mapping, and AutoCAD software.
· A full UK driving licence.
£ 28-32k, dependent on experience and skills.
Standard hours of work and 25 days holiday allowance (plus bankholidays).
Professional membership and CPD allowance.
The role is based in Wolston, Warwickshire but will include travelnationally.
Please send CV to Claudette at firstname.lastname@example.org
FurtherInformation : www.treeandwoodland.co.uk